One of the many advantages of membership in Family Business Association Saskatoon (FBAS) is the opportunity to meet and share ideas with members of family businesses and advisors to family businesses.
One of the core principles of FBAS is that all members of the board, consultants and members – business owners, family members and advisors – must respect the principle of non-solicitation. It is acknowledged and expected that members of FBAS will share information about their businesses. However, members or consultants must not engage in active solicitation of business, investment capital or donations from other members outside of existing and ongoing business relationships. While members are encouraged to source vendors and advisors from the ranks of FBAS, this must always be done at the instigation of the potential consumer of the product or service, not the supplier.
Members or consultants must not engage in active solicitation activities, including the following:
- Soliciting business from or otherwise engaging in any direct sales or marketing activities with other members
- Distributing or leaving promotional material at FBAS meetings or events without the express approval of the Board of FBAS. Presenters will generally be permitted to make promotional material available to attendees.
- Using FBAs membership information to solicit business from or otherwise contact other members for promotional purposes outside of an existing and ongoing business relationship, whether by mail or email or through social media.
- Asking any FBAS member to make an introduction to a potential customer or client.
- Members are asked to advise their guests of this Policy prior to any FBAS event to which the guest is invited.Compliance with this Policy will contribute to maintaining a comfortable, professional and respectful environment that will encourage relationship-building among all members. If non-compliant activities are observed or reported, the Board of FBAS will discuss the non-compliant activities with the party involved and remind the non-compliant party about the spirit and intent of this Policy. In the event of repeated instances of non-compliance, the Board may suspend or terminate the member’s FBAS membership or consultants’ contract.
Approved: Approved by the Board of Directors on October 3, 2018